- Specialists In LAP-BAND Surgery
- Over 1000 LAP-BAND Procedures Performed In The Past Two Years
- Our LAP-BAND Surgeons Have Trained Other LAP-BAND Surgeons in Los Angeles
- Personalized Service From Our Team Of LAP-BAND Surgeons, Dietitians, Therapists and Patient Coordinators
- Majority Of Our Patients Are Referred By Our Previous LAP-BAND Patients
- Convenient LAP-BAND Locations
- Tailored Service Based On The Patient Needs
What Is The LAP-BAND
- Lose Weight Without Being Hungry
- Actual Surgery Performed In Under An Hour
- No Hospital Stay Is Required
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Requires No Cutting Or Stapling Of Stomach
- Covered By Most PPO Insurances
- Financing Is Available
- Procedure Is 100% Reversible & Adjustable
- Over 450,000 Bands Placed Worldwide
Who Qualifies For The LAP-BANDBased On Criterion From National Institute Of Health:
- Anyone Over 18 Years Of Age With
- BMI Over 40 OR
- BMI Over 35 Combined With A Medical Conditions Such As Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Sleep Apnea, High Cholesterol
Los Angeles LAP-BAND Surgery
Obesity is one of the most pressing health issues facing Americans today. The struggle to lose excess weight is shared by people from all walks of life, despite race, age or gender. While many people strive to lose weight to look better, obesity is not just a cosmetic concern -- it also increases the risks of developing serious health conditions. Morbid obesity, usually defined as being more than 100 pounds over your ideal body weight, or having a Body Mass Index (BMI) of over 40, is associated with diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and an increased risk of premature death. Even moderate obesity can promote the occurrence of osteoarthritis, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gallbladder disease, asthma and insulin resistance.
The Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band procedure, more commonly known as LAP-BAND surgery, may be right for you if you are experiencing the unhealthy effects of obesity. The LAP-BAND helps weight loss by reducing the capacity of the stomach and restricting the amount of food that can comfortably be consumed. During the LAP-BAND surgery, the band is fastened around the upper stomach much like a watch forms around a wrist. This band makes a new, smaller stomach pouch that helps limit and control the amount of food that you eat. The pouch has a very small capacity, so when it stretches, it creates a sense of fullness, prompting you to stop eating. The creation of a smaller outlet from the stomach helps delay the emptying process, delaying digestion by slowing the movement of food to your intestines. You stay fuller, longer -- and will no longer be a slave to your hunger.
Bariatric LAP-BAND Surgery Advantages:
- Actual Procedure can be performed in under an hour
- No hospital stay is required
- Minimally Invasive Surgery requires no cutting or stapling
- Covered by Most PPO Insurances
- Financing is available
- Procedure is 100% reversible & adjustable
Interested in learning more about getting the LAP-BAND Surgery in Los Angeles?
Call us now at 800-561-9000.
Once the LAP-BAND is in place, it can be adjusted periodically to control the sensation of fullness, which can affect how much weight you lose each week. If a female patient decides to get pregnant, the band can be loosened to assure she will be able to eat enough calories to sustain a healthy pregnancy. Once she is ready to resume losing weight, the band can again be tightened.
The FDA approved the LAP-BAND for use in the United States in 2001. Since it's clinical introduction in 1993, more than 450,000 LAP-BAND procedures have been performed worldwide. It's often preferred by patients, because it is a minimally invasive procedure, it is adjustable, and it's reversible. The procedure will not alter your intestinal anatomy, so your body will absorb nutrients just as it always has. It normally takes about 30 minutes to perform LAP-BAND surgery, and usually no hospital stay is required.
Patients can expect dramatic weight loss over time, but a gradual weight loss of about 1-3 pounds per week is preferred. About 40 percent of excess weight is usually lost within a year of the procedure. LAP-BAND surgery is approved for patients meeting guidelines set by the National Institute of Health (NIH): Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than 40, or BMI of at least 35, combined with severe medical conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension or high cholesterol. The LAP-BAND is recommended for individuals 18 years and older.
The LAP-BAND procedure is covered by most PPO insurance, and financing is available for those without adequate medical insurance coverage. If you meet the NIH guidelines and your insurance company covers the LAP-BAND, you shouldn't have any problem getting your benefits.
Are you ready to commit to a healthier lifestyle and change your life? You can -- with a little help from the LAP-BAND!
To learn more about LAP-BAND surgery and how it can help you achieve your weight loss goals, please call us at 800-561-9000 to schedule an appointment.